Spectrum Economics has consulted and testified in numerous matters involving financial services firms and their products. Our expertise includes:
- Broker / Agent Disputes – Evaluate client transfer and the return on and value of client relationships following claimed violations of broker / agent non-compete and non-solicitation agreements in numerous financial services cases.
- Commodity Hedge Modeling – Construct commodity models to hedge price and supply. Evaluate the economics of existing hedging operations, including the interplay of financial and use/system considerations. Compute the financial return on agricultural hedge-to-arrive contracts.
- Lender Liability – Evaluate financial considerations, including a borrower’s fair market value, credit risk and internal cash generation capacity, in denial of funding claims. Analyze prepayment penalties.
- Valuation of Financial Institutions – Compute the fair market value of privately-held financial institutions and complex derivative portfolios. Evaluate bank financial presentations in 10b-5 suits against auditors.
- Director Responsibility – Evaluate director liability and the causes of failure by financial institutions.